Welcome to AndNotary
Online | In-Person | Mobile Notary Public | Virtual Assistant
Commonwealth of Virginia
AndNotary LLC offers professional and efficient service with integrity.
We get the job done while maintaining confidentiality.
Areas served to include Richmond, Henrico, Hanover, Chesterfield, Petersburg, and the Tri-Cities, including Colonial Heights, Ettrick, Fort Lee, Hopewell, Waverly, and the adjoining counties of Dinwiddie, Prince George, and Sussex.
What is a Notary Public?
What is Electronic Notarization?
What is Personal Appearance and Why is it Important?
Personal appearance is a security measure that allows a Notary to verify the signer’s identity. Steps include:
- Examining the identity documents.
- Screening the signer for willingness and awareness.
- Communicating directly with the signer and, in cases of credible identifying witnesses, allowing the Notary to identify them and administer an oath, if necessary.
What are some reasons that might prevent a Notary from notarizing my document?
• All signer(s)/witness(es) are not present in person with the Notary.
• A document has missing pages or blank spaces that affect the document’s intent.
• The signer(s) cannot produce an acceptable ID or is not known personally by the Notary.
• The Notary believes someone altered the document.
• There is no notarial certificate on the document, and the signer cannot tell which notarial act is required.
• The signer and the Notary are not able to communicate with each other.
• The Notary believes the signer does not understand the purpose or consequences of signing.