Our Guiding Principles
- AndNotary shall, as a government officer and public servant, serve all of the public in an honest, fair and unbiased manner.
- AndNotary shall act as an impartial witness and not profit or gain from any document or transaction requiring a notarial act, apart from the fee allowed by statute.
- AndNotary shall require the presence of each signer and oath-taker in order to carefully screen each for identity and willingness, and to observe that each appears aware of the significance of the transaction requiring a notarial act.
- AndNotary shall not execute a false or incomplete certificate, nor be involved with any document or transaction that AndNotary believes is false, deceptive or fraudulent.
- AndNotary shall give precedence to the rules of law over the dictates or expectations of any person or entity.
- AndNotary shall act as a ministerial officer and not provide unauthorized advice or services.
- AndNotary shall affix a seal on every notarized document and not allow this universally recognized symbol of office to be used by another or in an endorsement or promotion.
- AndNotary shall record every notarial act in a bound journal or other secure recording device and safeguard it as an important public record.
- AndNotary shall respect the privacy of each signer and not divulge or use personal or proprietary information disclosed during execution of a notarial act for other than an official purpose.
- AndNotary shall seek instruction on notarization, and keep current on the laws, practices and requirements of the notarial office.